Raiding Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info for hunters

2 posters

Go down

Info for hunters Empty Info for hunters

Post  Landazawr/Avrilkas Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:27 am

Hellohello.

Copypasta (ty kazy <3):

Consumables List for Raiding:
2 Flask of Distilled Wisdom (2000 mana) 2h
15 Elixir of the Mongoose (2% crit +25 agility) 1h
15 Elixir of Greater Intellect (25 intellect) 1h
15 Elixir of the Sages (18 Intellect and Spirit)1h
15 Mageblood Potion (12 mp5)1h

15 Scrolls of Agility IV (17 agility)30min
15 Scrolls of Intellect IV (16 intellect)30min
15 Scrolls of Spirit IV (15 spirit) 30min
(make an level 1 tauren alt and send him to darkmoon fair and camp the vendor on limited scrolls supplys)

15 Sagefish Delight (6 Mp5)15min
10 Elemental sharperning stone 1h (its working, usable on both 1x weapons at the same time)
20 Greater Nature Protection potion
20 Major mana potion
20 Dark/demonic runes.

Optional:
Ground Scorpok Assay (25 agility) 1h
Crystal Force (30 spirit) 30min
Crystal Yield (-200 armor) 2min
Darkmoon Fair Buff (10% dmg)2h
Juju Guile (30 intellect)30min

Your gear has to be BiS enchanted in order to perform to max.
If you dont have zg idol yet - use 8agi book.
Get exalted with zg for shoulders enchant as fast as possible.
Get earthstrike

All your spells should be bound (clicking = bad)
Repair before the raid.

Download addons from twins thread above.
Loot between hunters will distrubed based on your performance+attendance.
The more damage you do - the more epix you get.

ps. this thread will be edited and copypasted to our new forum.earthstrike

Landazawr/Avrilkas

Back to top Go down

Info for hunters Empty HEADSHOT

Post  Trecendi Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:00 am

Landa u could check out if u like it or not, if u like it we can hold it here if not we'll delete it again.

ITS HEADSHOT TIME

Have you got what it takes to be a hunter?

This is Vanilla, lets face it we are nowhere near being the top dps class however we bring to raid many things that other classes don't.

• We are considered the best kiters in the game
  • We have semi-decent CC
  • We have TRANQ SHOT
  • We give good buffs to our mele dps brothers
  • We have a high threat ability
  • We are capable of pulling high dps when specced and rotationed correctly

Talents and Abilities

The pre-raiding spec is 2/31/18http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_3_82q535103050305133202022103f

You don't spec for arcane shot CD because it is a useless spell. It drains way too much mana for the little damage it gives in return plus it shares cooldown with Aimed Shot

Serpent sting is the only DoT we get, and sadly it is almost as bad as arcane shot, if not worse in some situations. You do not ever want to use that in raids. First of all it does too little damage, given the mana it costs hence it drains your mana. Secondary it takes one of the 16 debuff slots and almost every other debuff takes priority over serpent sting.

Viper sting is a very usefull spell in certain boss fights which need their mana drained, such as Lord Valthalak in UBRS.

Scorpid sting is kinda ''meh''. You can do some pretty nice tricks in it if you have 2 hunters using different ranks but it takes up debuff slots which can be used for much better stuff.

Aimed shot is your highest hitting ability. I will explain how and when to use aimed shot in the rotations bit.

Mult-shot is your primary nuking ability, you always wanna do that when it's off cooldown. However you have to watch if there is CC near your target because you will break it!

Hunter's Mark should always be used. I like having one hunter specced imp hunter mark 5/5 and allow him to do all the marking. This gives us all bonus DPS and saves us mana and time!

Rapid Fire - I like using rapid fire at the start of the boss fights so you can use it again. Rapid fire along with improved aspect of the hawk decrease the cast time of your aimed shot (its a glitch) so make sure that you use it wisely!

Rotations

Our rotations is pretty simple. Ideally you want to use Multi-Shot and Aimed shot every time they are off cooldown however this requires you to have a ton of potions + demonic runes. If these aren't avaliable then you should wait somewhere between 3-6 seconds (depending on what gear + consumables you have) after your aimed shot comes off cooldown to cast it again. You must always use Multi-Shot when it is off cooldown.

Pets

The pet with the highest overall DPS is the raptor from ZG however that doesn't mean that it is the best. In something like 80% of the bossfights you will end up losing your pet so my advice to you is get a wolf. You make macro your abilities with Furious Howl and just leave the pet with you for the whole boss fight. The wolf can be tamed from LBRS, it has the highest rank of furious howl + bite.

Consumables

There is a really good list from the hunter forums which I will use

Flask of Distilled Wisdom (2000 mana) 2h
Elixir of the Mongoose (2% crit +25 agility) 1h
Elixir of Greater Intellect (25 intellect) 1h
Elixir of the Sages (18 Intellect and Spirit)1h
Mageblood Potion (12 mp5)1h

Scrolls of Agility IV (17 agility)30min
Scrolls of Intellect IV (16 intellect)30min tip: (make an level 1 tauren alt and send him to darkmoon fair and camp the vendor on limited scrolls supplys)
Scrolls of Spirit IV (15 spirit) 30min

Juju Guile (30 intellect)30min
Brilliant Mana Oil (12 Mp5+25 healing)30min 2x enchanted on dual wield 24 mp5)
Sagefish Delight (6 Mp5)15min
Ground Scorpok Assay (25 agility) 1h
Crystal Force (30 spirit) 30min
Crystal Yield (-200 armor) 2min
Darkmoon Fair Buff (10% dmg)2h

BIS

Click here to go to the BIS thread on the hunter forums

You need 8% hit rating for now, once you get Tranq shot you will have to get your hit rating up to 15% so you don't miss it.

Enchants

15 Agility/7 Agility Gloves
8 Agility on Legs (libram of voracity)
7 Agility on Boots
25 Agility on 2h weapon
3% hitscope on ranged Weapon/7 damage sniper scope if your hitcaped
7 Intelect on Bracer,later then you have more then 3,5k mana switch to 4 Mp5 on bracer at the time you hit endgame gear like t2 you shoud do 1 agility.
3 Agility on Back
4 Stats Chest
30 Atack power on Shoulders if you willing to spend gold on ZG rep
8 Agility on Head(libram of voracity)

Stats

If you are MM, once you get hit capped (8% before tranq shot, 15% after you get it) critical chance is your most important stat. After crit it comes agility and after that its Attack Power. Something useful for the future, 1% crit = 53 agilit.

Addons

Two addon packs that you should download. From there choose the addons you want but here are my recommendations. (All the addons listed are in the packs)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=77TZKUYZ
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z5OTU2GG

Big wigs - A MUST have PvE addon. It is basically a boss mode with timers. It is also useful for us when we get tranq shot of MC.
Damage meter - needless to say
KLHThreatMeter - Shows yours and your raid members threat
Natur ECB - It basically gives you a replica of your target's cast bar
Pet Feeder - I like this addon, with the click of just 1 button it automatically feeds your pet
Theory Craft - Tells you everything about the spell when you hover over it, like crit chance and average damage.
Bartender - It is entirely up to you whether or not you get this addon. Gives ya a new action bar look.

Macros

EDIT: I will be adding Macros + Addons soon so stay tuned.
EDIT2: Feel free to correct me, it has been almost 6 years since I played vanilla so I can't physically remember everything!

Trecendi

Back to top Go down